Comfort Care Companion
We Provide Comfort & Care
For those with a terminal illness that does not respond to cure-oriented treatment, we team up with medical organizations and professionals to offer hospice care. This program focuses on “palliative” care. The theory is to treat the person, not the incurable disease. The aim is to enhance the person’s comfort and improve the quality of their remaining days, or months, or even years on earth.
It Takes A Village
The hospice team puts together a care plan that is specific to the needs of the person. Our staff helps to implement that plan, under the guidance of the appropriate healthcare professional.
Here are some of the major responsibilities that guide their plan:
- Manage the pain.
- Manage the symptoms.
- Train and coach family members on how to care for their loved one.
- Provide therapies. (Speech therapy, etc.)
- Provide medications and medical supplies.
- Provide equipment.
- Assist with the psychosocial, emotional and spiritual aspects of dying.
- Provide bereavement counseling to the survivors.